New Year’s Day Single Fly Event
Every year on New Year’s Day the Flatland Fly Fishers hold a fun fishing competition at Sedgwick County Park. The club already has our shelter reservations for 2019. Remember we are starting using a different shelter last year. We will be at Plum Shelter which has bathrooms and a kitchen to make it easier to do the breakfast. This is the one by the nice playground.
Breakfast, provided by the club and cooked by Neal Hall will be served starting around 8:30 am. Come out early and fill up with pancakes and hit the water around 10:00 am.
When: Tuesday, January 1st, 2019
Where: Plum Shelter Sedgwick County Park
Time: Doors open at 8; Breakfast at 8:30; Fishing 10 am to 2 pm
- Only one fly can be used. Lose this fly and the event for you is over.
- Catch and Release trout only.
- Only Trout count.
- All visitors are welcome to fish but the event is for current members only.
- In case of ties a tie breaking system will be used to determine the winner.
- Each participant will receive a score card and turned in to the event director before 2:15 pm.
- Kansas fishing regulations are in effect.
- A 2019 Kansas fishing license and trout stamp is required.
- Competition will start at 10:00 am and end at 2:00 pm.
Three Competition Categories
- Longest stringer of 5 trout (Total combined length of 5 trout)
- Largest trout
- Smallest Trout
Winner of each category must give the winning fly to the club and provide a recipe and fishing technique used.