Club Banquet 2019
October 12th, 2019 Sedgwick County Extension Education Center
The date is set for the Flatland Fly Fishers 2019 annual banquet, so get this date put on your calendar. This event helps the club raise money so we can put on programs, bring in speakers and do conservation work. This year we are donating $500 plus all the money raised from monthly meeting raffles to the KDWPT Tracks program. This is also a perfect time for strengthening our fly fishing bonds with other club members. We will have raffle prizes, Neal is once again cooking our main meal and will have have dutch oven desserts made by Dwan and Danny.
The date is set and the building is reserved. Not all the following details are have been discussed at this time. This is what we did last year and sure this year will be similar so we are leaving this information at this time for your reference.
Date: Saturday October 12, 2019
- Cost: $15.00/person (early or late arrival)
- Pre-purchase tickets and receive 5 $1.00 raffle tickets
- Children 12 and under are just $5
- Doors open at noon
- Raffle drawings begins after dinner
- Selling of raffle tickets will be closed during dinner and
reopened for a short time after dinner
- Sedgwick Count Extension Education Center
- 7001 W. 21st Street N., Wichita, KS 67205
- 4-H Hall
- Click the following link for a Google map with directions to the Extension Office. Just enter your starting address – Google Map
Dinner will start at 5:30
- Beef Brisket
- Pulled Pork
- Cole Slaw
- Corn or maybe Green Beens
- Baked Potato
- Ice Cream
- 4 or 5 Dutch Oven Desserts
We will be doing fly casting golf again this year. There will be a nine hole coarse setup that will require casting around tree and other obstacles. So it will be challenging and setup where long casters don’t necessarily have a benefit.
Then there will be some tying activities inside:
- Mystery fly – materials will be provided and will see who gets ties a pattern closes to the one already tied.
- Bring your tying stuff if you would just like to spend some time working on filling up your fly box.
The raffle will start around 6:30 pm
- Volunteer Raffle – two club members who volunteered for club events will be drawn. The prize is a fishing shirt with the club logo put on it. They will get to select the shirt from a couple options and order their size.
- Raffle Prizes
- Fishpond Nomad Net
- Temple Fork 8’ 9’ 3 weight fly rod
- Fishpond Flint Hills Vest
- Umpqua Ledges 500 Waist Pack
- Orvis Safe Passage Chest Pack
- Ross CLA Fly Reel
- Redington Drift Fly Reel
- Rio Mainstream Fly Line 6 and 4 weight
- Buff headwear x2 Rainbow & Brown
- Redington Fleece Gloves L/XL
- Scientific Anglers System Fly Box and inserts
- Orvis Tacky Fly Box
- Scientific Anglers leaders and tippet spool 9’ 3x and 9’ 5x
- Air Lock Strike Indicators
- Tying Materials assortment
Donations or Discounts on Prizes:
The following companies have made donations to the club to help support the Flatland Fly Fishers annual banquet. It is donations from companies like these that help the club raise money at the annual banquet, which allows us to do events to help promote fly fishing. So please remember these companies when you are going to be purchasing new fly fishing gear and tying supplies.