New Year’s Day Single Fly Event
Every year on New Year’s Day the Flatland Fly Fishers hold a fun fishing competition at Sedgwick County Park. The club already has our shelter reservations for 2018. We will be using a different shelter in 2018 then we have in the past. We will be at Plum Shelter which has bathrooms and a kitchen to make it easier to do the breakfast.
Breakfast, provided by the club and cooked by Neal Hall will be served starting around 8:30 am. Come out early and fill up with pancakes and hit the water around 10:00 am.
When: Sunday, January 1st, 2018
Where: Plum Shelter Sedgwick County Park
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
- Only one fly can be used. Lose this fly and the event for you is over.
- Catch and Release trout only.
- Only Trout count.
- All visitors are welcome to fish but the event is for current members only.
- In case of ties a tie breaking system will be used to determine the winner.
- Each participant will receive a score card and turned in to the event director before 2:15 pm.
- Kansas fishing regulations are in effect.
- A 2017 Kansas fishing license and trout stamp is required.
- Competition will start at 10:00 am and end at 2:00 pm.
Three Competition Categories
- Longest stringer of trout (Total combined length of trout)
- Largest trout
- Smallest Trout
Winner of each category must give the winning fly to the club and provide a recipe and fishing technique used.