Club Banquet 2018
October 13th, 2018 Sedgwick County Extension Education Center
The date is set for the Flatland Fly Fishers 2018 annual banquet, so get this date put on your calendar. This event helps the club raise money so we can put on programs, bring in speakers and do conservation work. For instance in 2017 we donated $500 to the Kansas Alliance for Streams and Wetlands for work they are doing to help protect Kansas waters. This is also a perfect time for strengthening our fly fishing bonds with other club members. We will have raffle prizes, Neal is once again cooking our main meal and will have have dutch oven desserts made by Dwan and Danny.
The date is set and the building is reserved. Not all the following details are have been discussed at this time. This is what we did last year and sure this year will be similar so we are leaving this information at this time for your reference.
Date: Saturday October 13, 2018
- Cost: $15.00/person (early or late arrival)
- Pre-purchase tickets and receive 5 $1.00 raffle tickets
- Children 12 and under are just $5
- Doors open at noon
- Raffle drawings begins after dinner
- Selling of raffle tickets will be closed during dinner and
reopened for a short time after dinner
- Sedgwick Count Extension Education Center
- 7001 W. 21st Street N., Wichita, KS 67205
- 4-H Hall
- Click the following link for a Google map with directions to the Extension Office. Just enter your starting address – Google Map
Dinner will start at 5:30
- Beef Brisket
- Pulled Pork
- Baked Beans
- Cole Slaw
- Corn or maybe Green Beens
- Baked Potato
- Ice Cream
- 4 or 5 Dutch Oven Desserts
Trout season is open this year so we will be doing a fishing tournament that starts at 1:30 pm and go to 4 pm. The teams of 3 to 4 can fish anywhere in Sedgwick county park. Teams will fish each hole or area for up to 30 minutes before they will have to move to the next hole or area. Teams cannot split up and fish multiple holes or areas at the same time. They are to stay together and work together as a team. Anglers can change their flies anytime and are allowed to fish up to two flies on their fly rod at the same time. Team members are allowed to share flies with each other. There will be awards for each team member and the following points system will be used. There will be an award for the longest fish, shortest fish and the team that has accumulated the most points. The following points system will be used: 5 points for each trout 4 points for each bass 3 points for each carp 2 points for each catfish 1 point to for each fish of any other species Teams are to be back at the shelter for check in by 4 pm. If any team comes in 5 minutes late there will be 5-point deduction from their score. After that there will be 1 point deducted for each additional 5 minutes they are late. If any team is not back by 4:35 pm will be disqualified from the tournament.
Then there will be some tying activities inside:
- Mystery fly – materials will be provided and will see who gets ties a pattern closes to the one already tied.
- Bring your tying stuff if you would just like to spend some time working on filling up your fly box.
The raffle will start around 6:30 pm
- Volunteer Raffle – two club members who volunteered for club events will be drawn. The prize is a fishing shirt with the club logo put on it. They will get to select the shirt from a couple options and order their size.
- Raffle Prizes
- guide trips
- fly fishing tools
- fly tying kit
- fly tying materials
- and a whole lot more
The following companies have made donations to the club to help support the Flatland Fly Fishers annual banquet. It is donations from companies like these that help the club raise money at the annual banquet, which allows us to do events to help promote fly fishing. So please remember these companies when you are going to be purchasing new fly fishing gear and tying supplies.
Donated for our 2016 Banquet